I want to be device independent and don’t want to wear any hardware on me for any data. Yeah, the cloud. Such a lovely place. It is the place for me fo:
- Email (duh)
- Upload my pictures immediately when I go into a wifi connection with Dropbox.
- Address book in contacts.google.com (still searching for what once GIST.com could do, my personal social CRM)
- All my notes i write in Evernote (changed it from Google Drive – much easier to connect with f.e. IFTTT, easy to search and )
- All my documents in Dropbox. All Sync on
- To do list / actionlist with rememberthemilk
- My music playlist is on Spotify- access all the time.
And that has an impact on:
Paper is gone.
Search is really important. Everything can be archieved.
Place is irrelevant. Place is not important anymore; no matter where you are. You can do what you want to do with an computer, machine, smartphone or whatever.
(That’s what i also like the cleanness of a Chromebook. in 10 seconds it is in full working mode. almost no local storage, all online)
Internet must be perfect.
And because of that we can be really efficient, but at the same time Murphy’s Law will be more likely because we assume to be so efficient.