Asking for feedback is the best you can do. And speaking for myself: done too little. A way to do it is with quality sessions and talk for hours what can be done better. Or just ask if the customer wants to promote the service or product afterwards. There is a whole research market in between.
Anyway. Not a discussion I want to go into. Because I am just not knowledgeable enough in that exact field. But todat we received feedback in a beautiful designed online tool: TypeForm
Today I sent out a survey to get feedback for our event we hosted. We always used to do this with Google form. That is functional. Really functional. And really ugly. But it worked. Today it was a pleasure to work with TypeForm. Still in beta, so chances are something goes wrong. But it is easy in every way. And looks really good!
It takes you step by step through the proces and finally you end up with a survey that looks good. WIthout any line of code involved.
- Building up your poll or form or survey or questionnaire is really easy. drag & drop. Design and layout can be easily configured.
- Sending out your survey is easy
- To answer your survey is lovely. Can all be done with your keyboard and on every device.
- Beautiful analytics for conversion and time to fill in the questionnaire
- Lovely dashboard and possibilities to work with your results and data.
If you want to do a quick survey online, forget Google Form, forget SurveyMonkey. Go with TypeForm. Surveys can be fun.